The Carlisle Group has been retained to find a Director of Payroll and Financial Operations. Our preferred client is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1909. They are committed to providing an exceptional education and outstanding resources for children from underprivileged backgrounds. The school enrolls approximately 2,000 students and has about the same number of employees. The school is located on a campus with over 7,000 acres. They are one of the largest schools in the United States. The campus is one of the most well-resourced, technologically advanced, and well-maintained educational institutions in the nation. This opportunity is in Hershey, PA.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
The Director of Payroll and Financial Operations works on campus and oversees payroll, as well as other financial operations for the organization and for shared services functions. The Director is a lead functional resource to develop and maintain ad hoc and recurring financial analysis to ensure good stewardship and sound financial operations. Another component of the role is to proactively seek opportunities for potential business process improvements and assist with implementing enhancements, particularly as it relates to systems utilization.
- Overseeing payroll to ensure seamless administration, including tax related filings.
- Leading process improvements within the financial operations team, including leveraging ERP and business analysis technology capabilities.
- Overseeing routine department activities, ensuring robust tracking and analysis, managing vendor relationships, maintaining reporting compliance, and enforcing budgets, policies, and controls.
- Leading collaborations within the organization to develop business and operations process maps and improvements, as well as creating and maintaining ad hoc data analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or similar major.
- 8+ years of experience in payroll including conducting analysis and reporting functions.
- 3+ years of management experience required.
- Excellent computer application skills including advanced Excel skills. ERP experience desired.
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing and enhancing financial operations with strong reporting and analysis skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate, influence, and communicate effectively.
- Attention to detail and ability to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are role models for students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students.