Our client, has been at the top of their respected industry for over 30 years. They are a full service Mechanical Contractor and Metal Fabricator. They feel, time in market is what determines value. They take the necessary time up front to understand their clients needs so they can develop a plan that fits their unique needs, allowing them to apply their resources in the most cost-effective manner providing their clients with the greatest value.
They have retained our services to help them find a Director of Engineering for their leadership team. The Director of Engineering is responsible for managing and administrating the engineering and estimating departments. They are responsible for approving and signing off on drawings for projects. Develops effective operational strategies to execute tactical plans to achieve short- and long-term revenue growth and profit objectives.
This combination of a hands-on and strategic role requires frequent communication with operational and financial leadership. Provides oversight on bidding key projects, guidance on critical jobs, and monitors schedules to ensure deliverables are met. This role guides the work of approximately 8-10 direct reports.
- B.S. in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering is required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in mechanical design/construction or experience in a similar environment a must.
- Experience designing plumbing and HVAC building systems.
- Excellent leadership skills and a strong and comprehensive engineering background are required, as well as the ability to promote and work in a highly collaborative atmosphere.
- Strong service ethic; understands and embraces service relationships with internal and external customers.
- Excellent communication skills (up, down, and outward). Comfortable making oral group presentations.
- Detailed-oriented with the ability to work and meet deadlines.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Pennsylvania and Maryland Professional Engineer (P.E.) license.