Highly profitable mutual insurance company has retained The Carlisle Group seeking to hire a talented Executive Vice President. The client, rated A Excellent by A.M. Best, is one of the premier property and casualty writers in the northeast. This role, part of the company's internal succession plan, will be groomed to be the company's next Chief Executive Officer in 2024.
The Company is seeking a candidate to succeed the current president, following his anticipated retirement. The ideal candidate will have management experience in the insurance industry with knowledge of all aspects of the insurance business. Experience with mutual insurers and understanding of the NAIC annual report will be beneficial.
The candidate must demonstrate excellent data analysis skills with extensive experience with tools such as Excel. They must be comfortable managing technology and cybersecurity vendors and establishing strategies and directions for Eastern technology. Additionally, excellent communication and presentation skills are essential. The candidate must be comfortable presenting to and interacting with all internal and external stakeholders.
The candidate will begin employment at Company as Executive Vice President and work with the outgoing president until his retirement. This will provide time to gain an understanding of Company processes and activities and prepare for full management responsibilities.
After gaining the appropriate knowledge, the candidate will be considered for election to the position of President.
Presidential Responsibilities include:
- Manage and support day-to-day activities
- Manage vendor relationships and contracts and develop and oversee functional initiatives
- Regularly analyze, evaluate, and report on company performance, including accounting, claims and underwriting activity
- Prepare and present materials for Board of Directors and committee meetings
- Develop data for NAIC annual and quarterly statements and support the creation of these statements
- Prepare data for reinsurance analysis and negotiate contract renewals
- Communicate with New York State Department of Financial Services and AM Best and provide data and reports to external agencies, when needed
- Represent Company in industry organizations, including NYIA, NAMIC, and Finger Lake Insurance Council.