The Carlisle Group is currently conducting a retained search for a Chief Operating Officer. This position will have the unique opportunity to join a fantastic, privately-owned freight brokerage company outside of the Buffalo, NY area.
This company has grown extensively in 10 years and is poised for significant growth. They would ideally like someone to help them grow to $100 million+.
This is a mission and vision driven organization unlike any other in this industry. The CEO is a humble leader looking to embrace new ideas for growth and improvement.
The Chief Operating Officer, (C.O.O.) will be responsible for developing and deploying operational and brokerage strategy, training, and development of subordinate staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, creating, interpreting, and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies.
This position will own and oversee Full Truck-Load Brokerage, and Process Management functions. This position will use research and analysis to make data-based decisions to deliver key strategies, objectives, process improvements and metric alignment that will result in cost reduction, cost avoidance, risk management and service/quality improvements.
My client’s team members are their greatest asset and they are always on the lookout for inspirational leaders who know how to get the best out of their team. As the C.O.O., you will provide leadership for the overall operation, act as the functional lead for strategic development within the overall Brokerage and enhance and grow new business opportunities with established and newly acquired customers.
They will count on your skills and years of experience to be a strong advocate of their company values, ensuring an engaged workforce, loyal customers, efficient operations and a bright future for yourself and the team.
Required Education & Experience:
- Highly energetic, self-directed individual with a positive can-do attitude that has at least 10-15 years’ experience including logistics, sourcing / procurement, and planning. Fright brokerage management experience is a MUST!
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Logistics, or related discipline.
- 10+ years’ experience in managing direct reports
- 5+ years of new business development experience in logistics.
- 5+ years of sales experience.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with the ability to influence, motivate, and deliver through others.
- Strong leadership and mentoring/coaching skills with the proven ability to develop personnel.
- Ability to leverage and build strategic partnerships to maximize sales and grow the business.
- Demonstrates excellent planning, negotiation, problem solving and closing skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop and execute action plans.
- Has proven track of success in business development and operations in the logistics industry.
- Has proven organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Has the ability to set high expectations and hold team members accountable.
- Utilizes objective measurements to support progress & growth.
- Has the courage to take calculated risks.