Founded in 1976, Flatbush Food Co-op has been a pillar of the Brooklyn community for decades. Located in the Ditmas Park area, this thriving grocery cooperative is seeking its next Produce Manager.
Reporting to the Store Manager, this position will manage a team of 3+ department associates. This manager will oversee the selection, pricing, promotion, and stocking of produce to meet department objectives for sales, margin, turns, labor and customer service. It will ensure a clean, growing, and well maintained produce department with exceptional quality.
Our client is offering a highly competitive compensation and benefits package for outstanding candidates!
- Retail produce experience, including buying
- Knowledge of organic and commercial growing practices, and organic certification regulations
- Supervisory experience-hiring, training, evaluating and directing
- Good communication and listening skills
- Ability to work well with others in a cooperative environment
- Familiarity with natural and organic products
- Ability to lift 50lbs repeatedly during shift
- Ability to work in a cold and damp environment
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that includes evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to develop and implement budgets and to adhere to cost and margin requirements
- Ability to plan, develop and implement efficient and productive systems